Unfortunately Christmas 2020- didn’t really feel 100% like Christmas with most of our normal traditions, celebrations and gatherings all being cancelled…. So I was determined it would at least taste like Christmas! Our family always has a giant batch of 7 layer bars at the holidays and I’ve never actually made them before? I’m always just so happy that all of my other relatives come through with the goods! Fortunately, they really aren’t too challenging to whip up & taste like a million bucks, now I’m ready for all the Christmas to come! *thanks to a few phone call consultations with Mom 😉
- (1/2 cup) butter
- (1.5 cup) Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1 (14oz) can Sweetened Condensed milk
- 1 (6oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (6oz) package butterscotch chips
- (1.5 cup) flaked coconut
- (1 cup) chopped pecans *I accidentally bought walnuts 1st, feel free to try a pecan/walnut blend, it’s good too!
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Melt the butter
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the bottom of a 13×9″ pan and press in
- Evenly pour over the butter to help press in the graham cracker crumbs together
- Sprinkle an even layer of chocolate chips
- Sprinkle an even layer of butterscotch chips
- Sprinkle a layer of nuts, your choice! but OG recipe is- chopped pecans
- Sprinkle a layer of coconut flakes
- Pour over the sweetened condensed milk, in a “zig zag/basket weave design”
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned
- Let cool, then cut into bars, store at room temp
It’s so weird because if I read these ingredients there is no way I would want to eat this dessert, but when they are blended together, it is the perfect combination! Literally one of my favorite tastes!!
Next up is to enjoy the sweet, delicious, crumbly goodness!
Serving size is: as much as you want while over Christmas break 😉