This week we kicked things off with our BRAND NEW PUPPY — LUCY!!! Not sure if I can pull off a weekly update ~that seems crazy right?! LOL but honestly this week has felt like A MONTH –in the best way possible! SO much has happened!! When you’re busy all DAY & NIGHT it’s AMAZING what all you can do!
I don’t want to forget anything… she is a completely different dog everyday?! Every day she learns something new & does something different, she is very smart & picks up on things so quickly! I wish I had a picture or video of her every move haha, I had no idea how quickly she would change & improve! She’s growing up so quickly and it is the sweetest thing I’ve ever been a part of 🙂
MONDAY this week was our first day together! Our new puppy was so so sweet but very timid & curious… on Monday / Day 1 our baby puppy:
- looked so small in her play pen & she had no idea there was even a doggy door on the side she could walk through any minute lol we didn’t even lock it
- didn’t know what stairs were & they looked so ominous
- ran away full speed from any noise or barking dog
- was TERRIFIED of the TV (cowered behind Dillon when it played)
- could barely handle a leash
- jumped a mile at the sound of her squeaky toys
- she played all day & didn’t take 1 nap… not our best schedule, but we improved!
By SUNDAY of this week, only a few short days later… our GROWN puppy is wild & bold trying ALL the things!!!!
- she can walk up 1 flight of stairs
- is no longer phased by the TV and enjoyed watching a basketball & football game
- runs towards her squeaky toys -not away!
- plays fetch with the tennis ball, so well!! & has the best gallop, trot, pounce when running after them
- is so excited by her own reflection any where she sees it (mirror, dishwasher, stove)
- did well meeting dogs, but is still skittish with the deep barkers
- she is doing well with her blue (retractable) & pink (short, rubber) leash!
- she charges through her doggy door now & can even make it through with a toy in her mouth (this took lots of practice)
New tricks this week, that she is getting really good at include:
- Recognizing her name: LUCY!
- LEAVE IT
Dillon doesn’t let a spare moment go to waste when it comes to training & he has perfected his “puppy voice” lol it’s the only way she listens!! the higher the pitch the happier she is! I love watching them work together.
This week she met so many family members! She enjoyed playing with- Devon, Lucas, Jeff, Suzy, Jill, Larry, Carson, Carter, Noelle, Olivia, Grandma & Paw Paw 🙂
Her new dog friends are: Cooper & Reagan!
SNACKS! Lucy is all about the snacks… she has tried so many new foods this week! Favorites include:
- Greek Yogurt
- Peanut butter
- ice cubes
TOYS! We have been switching them around to keep her interested, so far her favorites are:
GROWTH! The day we brought Lucy home she was 10 lbs, she has already grown up 1lb this week!
….. aaaaanndddd she’s OFF!
only a few accidents inside & a couple of whiny nights later she is really getting the hang of her schedule & her crate, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us next week!